Fees and Penalties
If Air Transat determines that a CRS subscriber has engaged in practices that violate this policy, the travel agency will be subject to an administrative AND a policy violation fee, per ADM, for each violation.
||Europe – other markets
||Americas – other markets
||EU amounts converted to local currency
||US amounts converted to local currency
|Fare audit Fee
||Difference between ticketed and available fare
||Fees will be charged per the above table for each violation exceeding 6 churns.
Air Transat is committed to provide clear and specific information as to why the ADM charges are being made.
Air Transat can issue more than one ADM for one original ticket when the ticket combines multiple unrelated fare discrepancies.
Air Transat reserves the right to restrict ticketing authority and/ or booking capability for any travel agency that has:
- Overdue (more than 30 days) debit memos/invoices for booking infractions;
- Engaged in fraudulent bookings;
- 25% no show factor in any given month or 10 of more no show passengers; or
- Systematically and regularly violates this policy.
Minimum value for the issuance of a single ADM
- The minimum amount for which a fare audit ADM is issued is CAD $5.00 (or equivalent in local currency).
- In case of persistent practices of under-payment (multiple occurrences of underpayments of less than CAD $5.00 or equivalent in local currency) by the same IATA Agent, Air Transat reserves the right to recover these underpayments by sending a global ADM.