Well, there it is, at last: travel restrictions around the world are slowly easing, the idea of traveling in 2021 is not so crazy anymore and our planes are once more ready to take flight. The prospect of post-pandemic life is no longer just a fantasy, and we couldn’t be happier about it!
Have you booked your next vacation yet? Are you interested in finding out where we’ll be flying to in the coming months? Are you wondering how the “travel experience” has changed over the past year? Are you having a hard time keeping up with the ever-changing health and safety measures?
Don’t worry, we have the answers. Here are the main things you’ll need to know to prepare for your (much anticipated!) vacation.
Oh, and did we mention that we can’t wait to see you on board? Have a great trip!
The return of our fabulous #TransatExperience
“Last boarding call for the Air Transat flight to…”
You’ve been dreaming about this sentence for months? So have we. We are resuming our operations with a program that will be gradually beefed up over the next few weeks in order to adapt to the evolution of the global situation.
And how will you get there?
On board one of the most modern fleet in the country, mostly composed of new Airbus A321neoLRs. You’ll get back to our award-winning in-flight experience, with the added bonus of a more spacious and quieter cabin with state-of-the-art in-seat entertainment, on board one of the greenest aircraft in its class.
In addition, even if the health and safety measures in effect have slightly changed our way of doing things, you can still benefit from priority boarding and pre-packaged meals, for example.
Your vacation will begin as soon as you step on board!
How to prepare your arrival at destination
Before you travel, it’s important that you check the entry requirements of both your destination country and return country. With our Practical Guide, you can check the requirements of your destination with links to government resources in each country, so you can finalize your travel arrangements with total peace of mind.
We update this page regularly to reflect the changing restrictions and recommendations for each of the destinations we serve.
All your questions and answers, in one place!
- Are you eligible to travel?
- Do you need to provide a vaccination certificate?
- Do you have to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test?
- Do you need to prepare a quarantine plan?
- Can you travel inter-provincially or inter-regionally?
Health and safety measures to expect on board
Our Traveller Care program features a program featuring health and safety measures at check-in, during boarding, on board and at destination—as recommended by regulatory authorities—such as the International Civil Aviation Organization—so that you can travel with peace of mind this year.
Some of the most important things to keep in mind if you want to travel in 2021 are:
GOOD TO KNOW
- We recommend you check in online 24 hours before your flight and make your payments online up to 72 hours before departure for any extras (bags, sports equipment or extra inflight services, for example) using My Booking or the Air Transat app
- You must wear a mask at the departure airport, on board the aircraft, at the destination airport and, if applicable, in the transfer vehicle
- You will be asked to keep two metres distance from the other passengers while boarding and deplaning
AT CHECK-IN AND DURING BOARDING & DEPLANING
- All our counters and self-service kiosks will be regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- If a shuttle is required for boarding, there will be an increased number of shuttles used to allow additional space for distancing between passengers
- Passengers sitting closest to the exit door(s) will deplane first, followed by the others, to avoid crossing each other
- On board all our aircraft, our reliable HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters eliminate 99.995% of small particles refreshing cabin air every three minutes
- Before each and every flight, the aircraft will be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant, and the entire aircraft will also be cleaned every 24 hours with electrostatic disinfectant
- You will receive a complimentary Traveller Care kit, which will include a mask, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Lavatories will be sanitized regularly throughout the flight with disinfectant. Only one passenger at a time will be allowed to wait outside
How to enter Canada
In order to enter Canada, you must download the ArriveCAN app or visit the ArriveCAN website. You’ll need to submit mandatory information, such as your contact information, quarantine plan and vaccination certificate (if you have one) via ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
You can easily check the requirements you will need to comply with based on your vaccination status on the Government of Canada travel site.
Lastly, have you applied for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)? Visa-exempt foreign nationals need one to travel to Canada.
Want to travel in 2021, but need more flexibility?
Book with Piece of Mind by August 31 and change your flight at no additional cost.