Air Transat and Web accessibility
Air Transat is committed to making its website accessible and does everything necessary to provide products and services accessible to all, including persons with disabilities and the aging population.
Compliance with accessibility standards
Air Transat is currently working on the compliance of its website with WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) of W3C (Wide World Web Consortium) requirements – AA level.
To ensure that its website complies, Air Transat has:
- appointed an expert in accessibility for the training of its staff and support in the accessibility process;
- appointed a new supplier for the booking process that respects the required accessibility standards;
- developed and modified its website in accordance with the WCAG 2.0, AA level, requirements;
- conducted formal and functional tests with the tools below.
Principles put in place to ensure conformity
Several rules have been applied during the site’s development:
- The page titles describe the page’s content;
- The navigation and the access to all functions is ensured using the keyboard;
- The navigation and presentation mechanisms are consistent from one page to the next;
- Each page content is accessible through a direct link;
- The section titles present a coherent hierarchical structure;
- The texts are written in a clear and concise manner;
- The informative images offer alternative texts;
- The links provide labels for easy browsing;
- The texts can be enlarged by 200% without any readability loss;
- The colour contrasts enhance readability;
- The tables are simplified and properly tagged;
- The language changes are properly tagged;
- Multiple ways to access content are offered : menus, search engine, site map;
- A focus or input shift doesn’t provoke any context switch;
- The colour alone is never used to transmit information.
Tools used to verify the compliance of this Website
- HTML validator of W3C;
- NVDA(Non Visual Desktop Access) screen reader, on last version of Firefox;
- Jaws 15 and 17 screen reader on Internet Explorer 11;
- VoiceOver screen reader on Safari for Mac;
- Web Developer extension for Firefox ;
- Accessibility Web extension for Firefox;
- Colour contrast analyzer;
- Manual analyst of the comprehension of the text and of the processes.
Ongoing elements of compliance
As part of a gradual process of improvement, despite accessibility being at the heart of our preoccupations, some of the site’s sections have yet to offer full compliance. A production timeline covers the jobs in process.
If you encounter an error or an omission on one of the pages, or if you experience any accessibility-related difficulties, please let us know by contacting us using the following toll-free number : 1-877-872-6728
Passengers with disabilities unable to access the site, or who wish to request accommodations for a booked or a future flight may contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Write us at email@example.com Will open in a separate browser window Toll free 1-877-872-6728, or for the hearing impaired 1-866-234-5135 TTY or 514-906-5196.