Air Transat provides travellers with true peace of mind. Our vacationers can now travel securely, knowing that they will be protected should a hurricane disrupt their vacation in destination cities in Florida, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America.
This Transat policy applies to south packages and “Air Only” reservations for departures between June 1 and November 30, 2018 inclusively.
If the conditions stipulated in the policy are met, clients may choose one of the four options listed below:
1. Travel at a later date
Clients who choose to travel at a later date can do so at no additional cost. Travel must be completed no later than December 10, 2018. The destination, the departure day of the flight and hotel and room category must remain the same.
2. Travel to another city
Clients may choose to travel to another destination served by Transat without incurring any change fees. If the package price is higher than the original booking, the client will be responsible for paying the difference. If the package price is lower, Transat will offer a credit voucher for the price difference, which will be valid for a period of one year following the date of the initial booking. The credit voucher can be applied to any purchase of Transat products.
3. Cancel and obtain a credit voucher
Clients who choose not to travel may cancel their bookings and obtain a full refund in credit vouchers (excluding travel insurance premiums and Option Flex fees already paid), which will be valid for a period of one year following the date of the initial booking. Credit vouchers can be applied to any purchase of Transat products.
4. Travel to the booked destination city
Clients who wish to travel to their initially booked destinations may do so, provided that Transat still serves that destination city on the scheduled departure date. In this case, Transat will not provide any refund or compensation should the vacation be interrupted or affected due to a hurricane.
Conditions and Important Information
The options described are available in the following cases only:
- The U.S. National Hurricane Center/Tropical Prediction Center (NHC/TPC) has issued a hurricane advisory for the destination city;
- A hurricane has already passed through the selected hotel complex within one week of the scheduled departure date. The hurricane must be registered as a Category 1 hurricane or higher on the Saffir-Simpson Scale used by the NHC/TPC.
For more information of the position and status of a hurricane, please visit www.nhc.noaa.gov.
In the event that clients who have purchased a Transat vacation package are repatriated to Canada or evacuated from a destination due to a hurricane after their arrival at the said destination, the following will apply:
- If they stayed at least 2 nights at destination, clients will be eligible for a credit voucher representing the cost of unused nights on the accommodation portion of the package.
- If they stayed less than 2 nights at destination, clients will be eligible for a credit voucher equivalent to the total value of the package purchased.
- Costs related to roundtrip flights and ground transfer portions included in the package will not be refundable. Any additional expenses incurred as a result of a hurricane shall be borne by the client. Clients travelling “Air Only” will not be eligible for a refund for their accommodation or ground transportation costs. For clients who purchased a cruise package, the hurricane policy of each cruise line will apply.
In all cases, credit vouchers will be valid for a period of one year following the departure date initially booked, and will neither be transferable nor refundable.
The Hurricane Policy does not apply to à la carte hotel products and may be modified or revoked at any time without notice. For the general terms and conditions of sale, please refer to the Transat Sun brochure or visit www.transat.com.